PREPARING YOUR QUILT
- Have your quilt top squared and ironed. It helps immensely to iron and trim as you piece. I can tell the difference.
- Trim all those loose threads on the back so they don’t show through while I quilt.
- Backing needs to be a minimum of 4” more than your quilt on all sides. For example: a 60” x 80” quilt top should have a backing of 68” x 88”. This is needed for me to grasp the backing into the long arm and keep it taunt.
- Make sure your backing is square. Ripping the edges can confirm this.
- If you need me to piece or prepare your backing or iron, I will do so at the rate of $25 / hour.